TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions – Table Tennis Tournament 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Pakuranga Plaza offers you the chance to participate in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in this document (“Terms and Conditions”). Information on how to participate in the “Table Tennis Tournament” and how to win the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this tournament is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents only.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the following are not eligible to enter:
- Pakuranga Plaza Limited
- Pakuranga Plaza’s suppliers associated with this Promotion
- Retailers and tenants of Pakuranga Plaza
- The tournament commences at 10am on Wednesday 20 July 2022 and ends at 12pm on Wednesday 20 July 2022.
- To enter this Tournament, eligible individuals must have undertaken the following steps:
- Registered for the tournament by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: (1) Full name (2) Email (3) Gender (4) Date of Birth (5) Contact number” by 12pm on 19 July 2022 or have done an on-spot registration by 10am on Wednesday 20 July 2022.
- Have arrived by 9.50am on 20 July 2022 to get a partner allocated.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, or incorrect contact details on the entries will be deemed invalid. Whether an entry is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, or incorrect will be judged in the sole discretion of the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- Only a maximum of 50 registrations can be made. Once the maximum registrations have been reached, registrations will no longer be accepted.
- The tournament will run under Table Tennis New Zealand (TTNZ) rules and regulations.
- All registered names will be placed into a hat and drawn to create a shootout tournament draw (knockout style).
- Players will play 1 game to 11 points starting from an equal score of 5:5 to allow for quick rotations and give everyone a fair chance.
- The winner of each game will progress to the next round until a winner is determined.
- Suitably qualified Coordinators / umpires will be appointed by the Auckland Table Tennis Association and would have the final say on all rules of play, and any disputes and penalties which may arise during the competition.
- The tournament Coordinator reserves the right to shorten matches if required to complete schedules in a timely manner.
- Players cannot be replaced and/ or added once the draw has been done.
- Players arriving late for matches will be defaulted at the Coordinators discretion.
- The Coordinator reserves the right to levy point penalties and disqualifications in the event of serious breaches of behavior and etiquette.
- There are four (4) Prizes in total and the winner will receive:
- Prize for 1st Place: $100 Farmers Gift Card + a free 4-week Table Tennis club pass sponsored by Auckland Table Tennis Association
- Prize for 2nd Place: $50 Farmers Gift Card + a free 2-week Table Tennis club pass sponsored by Auckland Table Tennis Association
- Prize for 3rd Place: $50 Farmers Gift Card
- Prize for 4th Place: 6x DHS D40+ 3-star table tennis balls.
- To claim the prize, the winners must be present at the end of tournament. In the event a winner is not able to be present at the end of the tournament, the winner must notify the Coordinator prior to leaving the Table Tennis Tournament, and the Coordinator and the Promoter will decide at their absolute discretion if the winner is eligible to claim the prize. If the winner is deemed eligible, the Promoter will arrange to hand over the prize at a later date.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost or late entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- All entries will become the property of the Promoter for the duration of the Promotion and for the period after the Promotion necessary in the Promoter’s absolute discretion to successfully award the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters related to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to any entrant who the Promoter (in its sole discretion) believes has violated the Terms and Conditions or gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The Promoter will not be liable for the prize that is lost, stolen or damaged and will not replace or substitute the prize if the prize is unable to be taken, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of (including, but not limited to) infection of computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion or for any other reason beyond the control of the Promoter then the Promoter may elect to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
- The Winner takes the prize at entirely their own risk and indemnifies the Promoter and any Suppliers associated with this Promotion in respect of any claim for accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may incur in connection with the prize.
- The Promoter and any Suppliers associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any damage, loss, cost, liability, action or proceeding (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising from personal injury or death or loss, or damage to property or otherwise which is suffered or sustained in connection with any prize or the participation or in downloading any materials in this Promotion, except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law. Nothing is intended to restrict, exclude or modify customer’s rights at law against the Promoter or retailers in the Pakuranga Plaza.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand Courts.
- By submitting a completed entry form, entrants are agreeing to receive future email, mobile and/or direct mail communications from Pakuranga Plaza.
- If an entrant is already a member of the Pakuranga Plaza database, they will continue to receive communications as normal.
- Auckland Table Tennis Association is the Coordinator of the Promotion (“Coordinator”) and its office is located at 99a Gillies Avenue, Epsom, Auckland 1023.
- Pakuranga Plaza Limited (Pakuranga Plaza) is the Promoter of the Promotion (“Promoter”) and its registered office is located at Level 3, 16 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010.